How easy it is to weave a basket using newspaper! It’s so simple to roll paper tubes out of newspaper and then weave the tubes into a basket. You can bet I will be making plenty of these faux wicker baskets for future projects, as well as for storage in the home.
- Divide a sheet of newspaper in 4 parts.
- Roll using a thin stick to make paper tubes.
- Paint these tubes to get colored tubes.
- Take a circular container
- and trace it on cardboard.
- Paste two tubes at one corner,
- and one tube each at the remaining corners.
- At one corner there is an extra tube.
- Bend it along the edge,
- then bend the next one along the edge
- and so on.
- After completing one row,
- place the container and weave around it.
- Apply glue for the last row.
- Insert the last tube below the tube in front.
- Let it dry
- and cut extra length.